Selling your house the traditional way can be hard and stressful.
First, unless your home is in excellent shape, you will have to spend thousands on expensive repairs before listing. Second, you have to hire a real estate agent and pay them high commissions and fees. Third, you have to accommodate lots of showings with prospective Buyers the majority of which are “tire kickers”. Last, you still don’t know if you will get an offer that you will happy with in the end. So much hassle without any guarantees.
But there’s an easier way to sell your house: sell to cash houses buyers in Houston.
Cash house buyers Houston are professionals who buy houses quickly and easily. And they buy them without any of the hassle or stress that comes with traditional sales.
They’re like a real estate agent on steroids—they know exactly what they’re doing, they’ll take care of everything, and they’ll bring you a guaranteed offer for your home without all the fees.
Not all Cash House Buyers Houston are trustworthy
Throughout the real estate industry, in many areas and states, there are dishonest people who will try to scam you. Fortunately, there’s a way to avoid these types of buyers:
- Don’t do business with cash buyers that are just middlemen. These middlemen are usually unlicensed individuals that pretend to be investors by using online marketing tactics like “We Buy Houses Houston” websites. They’ll contact you with an offer for your house, but then flip it to another investor for a higher price. You won’t get paid the full amount that you’re expecting from the sale of your home.
- Avoid cash buyers that aren’t local. If they don’t have any operations in Houston, they are likely not familiar with the area. They won’t know what kind of value needs to be put on your property. They could also just be telemarketing scams. They’ll offer you an enticing amount over the phone. But then they don’t follow through when it comes time to pay up because they know you can’t easily track them down if they don’t show up in person!
- Don’t work with cash buyers who won’t put their offer in writing. A credible buyer should give all contracts and offers as written documents. So make sure this happens before proceeding any further! This is such a big deal because if something goes wrong or there were changes made after signing off on one thing then you have no recourse. Make sure to make a copy or snap photos of the contract you signed.
- Avoid cash house buyers that pressure you into signing quickly. A trustworthy cash buyer should give you enough time to review all documents so you can move forward with confidence.
4 Step Process To Find the Best Cash House Buyers Houston
If you want to sell your house fast and easy, find the best cash house buyers Houston. Cash house buyers are a great solution if you need to sell your property fast, but finding the right one can be hard. That is why I have done all the work for you! No matter if you have a house, condo, apartment building or other rental property our guide will help you make the right choice!
Step 1: Look for a cash buying company that is local
Look for a local cash buying company. When you are working with a local company, you get to know the employees on a personal level. Having this kind of relationship will give you peace of mind knowing who is in charge of your transaction and who will be handling it. If an individual or company offers to buy your home without meeting or seeing it first, it could be a scam! You don’t want to have your information stolen or send money out of the country thinking that you are dealing with a local business only to find out later that there isn’t.
Step 2: Only work with buyers who don’t ask for any fees upfront
One of the biggest red flags to look out for is a buyer who asks you to pay any kind of fee upfront. This usually means they are running a scam or have no real intention of buying your house and just want to take advantage of people who don’t know any better. A real and trustworthy buyer will never ask you to pay anything before they buy your house, so run away if someone tries to do this!
Another thing the best cash house buyers Houston will always do is cover all the closing costs (including title insurance) themselves. It’s important that you understand what your responsibilities are and what the buyer should be taking care of, so make sure you read through everything carefully or have someone else check it over for you if you aren’t confident in doing it yourself.
Step 3: Avoid House Buyers that have an assignment clause in their contracts
If you want to make the most cash from the sale of your house you have to avoid middlemen. These house buyers present themselves as bonafide buyers when in fact they never intend on buying your house. They want to put themselves between you and the real buyer and profit from this.
Thankfully, there is a very easy way to tell if a buyer is a middlemen: They almost always include assignment clauses in their contracts. When you look at the offer, play close attention to the name of the Buyer. When you’re dealing with a middleman, the name of the buyer will usually read “John Smith, and or assigns”. If you see that clause in the name of the Buyer, you should know the Buyer is likely not planning on buying your house. Rather, they will tie it up and try to find an investor to flip it to for more than you have agreed to sell.
If you want to sell your house the easy way and maximize the cash you get for the house avoid house buyers with assignment clauses in their contracts.
Step 4: Read reviews and get referrals
Find reviews for your potential cash house buyers online. There are many websites that allow homeowners to post online reviews and ratings of companies that have done business with them. This can be a great way to get the word on how these companies do business, how their customer service is, and whether they offer favorable terms to the people they purchase houses from.
Ask friends, family members, and coworkers if they have any recommendations or referrals for cash house buyers in Houston. Once you’ve narrowed down your list of potential cash house buyers based on internet research, ask people you know who may have had positive experiences with certain companies in the past. This provides a first-hand look at what working with that company is like, as well as allowing you to talk through the pros and cons of different options before deciding which one is right for you.
Finding a trustworthy cash house buyer in Houston doesn’t need to be hard
The first thing you should do is start researching cash buying companies. It’s always a good idea to read reviews on various sites. See what other people have to say about their experience with the company you are considering doing business with. You can ask your friends and family for referrals as well, but be sure that your friend or family member knows the person who bought the house from them. Or at least knows someone who does.
Don’t work with a company that asks for fees upfront. No reputable company will ask for money before completing an offer on your home or property. Always make sure that you are working with a local company when selling your home for cash as well because there is no way of knowing if an out of town investor is going to follow through on their promises of buying your home.
Why You Should Choose Signature House Buyers to Sell Your Home for Cash in Houston
There are 6 great reasons why you should choose to sell your home in Houston to Signature House Buyers.
- You will get more cash because we hold our properties long term. At Signature House Buyers we renovate and own our properties long term. So we can pay you much more than a house flipper or middleman. We don’t plan to resell anytime soon, so we don’t have the same selling costs they do.
- We don’t charge commissions or fees of any kind. With a Signature, House Buyers offer what you see is what you get. No smoke and mirrors and no illusions. When you sell to us, you won’t have to pay any commissions or fees of any kind.
- You don’t have to fix a thing – not even clean. When we buy Houston houses, you don’t have to make any repairs or even clean the house. You can just move on and leave the repairs and cleaning to us.
- We have decades of experience buying Houston houses like yours. Unfortunately, the real estate investment space has a lot of shady, fly-by-night characters in it. We have been buying houses for decades and have an impeccable reputation in the community.
- You are not selling to a nameless faceless out of state buyer. In the last few years, we have seen the emergence of iBuyers. These are mega corporations backed by venture capitalists that seek to control the real estate market. When you sell to Signature House Buyers you are selling to a family owned company, not some nameless, faceless corporation.
- We care about the community. At Signature House Buyers we are on a mission to improve our community one house at a time. We want to provide a nice, healthy and clean home for our friends and neighbors to live in.